ModiinApp was started as a small project by 4 friends (three of us live in Modiin - 2 olim and 1 sabra), and quickly grew into the best source for information on local businesses and deals in Modiin. Everything we do is local and authentic. We hope you like it. Get in touch!
Altman Farm in Moshav Gimzo opens its gates to the general public of all ages.
An exciting family or social experience - with an old-time flavor on an active farm. Connecting to the love of the land and working the land. In the citrus season (between Sukkot and Chanuka) you can 'pick your own' oranges and clementines in the orchard, including explanations on the growth of fruit trees and its benefits.
In other seasons of the year, a fascinating activity in the framework of the Gimzo Nursery, at the farm or the client's location - 'talking to plants', getting to know plants, including herbs and medicinal plants and their unique characteristics. For more information click here!
Wonderful Citrus - Clementine and Orange picking in the Orchard
Experiential activity including:
- Walk to the orchard, about 7 minutes.
- Fascinating conversation on the subject of fruit trees growing in Israel.
- Benefits of the fruit.
- Explanation of how to pick your own.
- Division into groups - distribution of pruning shears (secateurs) and a bag for each participant to fill.
- Harvest and taking pictures among the trees.
- Preparation of fresh natural juice.
Activity is suitable for a variety of ages.
Duration of activity - about an hour. Cost per person: ₪ 25. lease bring walking shoes, a hat and a water bottle.
See you at Altman's orchard!
Pre-registration required (closed on Shabbat and Chagim).