ModiinApp was started as a small project by 4 friends (three of us live in Modiin - 2 olim and 1 sabra), and quickly grew into the best source for information on local businesses and deals in Modiin. Everything we do is local and authentic. We hope you like it. Get in touch!
Youth Abseiling Course with Al Chavalim - Summer 2021
Professional course for independent abseiling: teaching rope skills for challenging trips.
The course is intended for anyone who wants to learn how to hike independently in streams and from high locations in the correct way.
- Spectacular viewing point and explanations about the land and the heritage of the Maccabees
- Introductory abseiling on the Shilat Cliff
- Historical background and the development of standard equipment for abseiling
- Learning about the required equipment
- Basic knots
- Simple natural moorings
- Simple docking backup using straps
- Conduct at the cliff edge
- Connecting ropes to moorings and principles of backups
- Rope management (preparation, throwing, shortening, separating, etc.)
- Securing using Prusik knots
- Bottom end securing (firefighters method)
- Abseiling on two ropes with different friction devices
- Abseiler before last
- Last abseiler
- Troubleshooting while abseiling
- Maintenance of equipment and identification of issues
- Training in transferring of knots
- Prusik knot climbing
- Field trip day - depending on the weather
- Scanning streams from cliffs
- Experiencing abseiling in the methods taught
- Orientation in the river, communication and conduct in the field
- Ethics and courtesy
- Nature conservation
- Preparation for an abseiling trip and complementary equipment required
- Conduct in an emergency
- Abseiling injuries
- Tips for abseiling in streams with backpacks and cold water
All activities are safe and insured with comprehensive insurance that includes professional liability.
Instruction: two certified instructors.
Medical: paramedic accompanying participants.
Participants must arrive in sportswear and closed shoes, 5 liters of water per participant, sunscreen, a hat, a backpack and food and personal hygiene equipment.
Youth up to the age of 18 require parental approval and a medical certificate permitting participation in the abseiling course.
Graduates of the course will be given the opportunity for paid work as assistant instructors. At the end of the course, there is an option to sign up for abseiling trips later in the year.
Call for more information!