ModiinApp was started as a small project by 4 friends (three of us live in Modiin - 2 olim and 1 sabra), and quickly grew into the best source for information on local businesses and deals in Modiin. Everything we do is local and authentic. We hope you like it. Get in touch!
09/12 : The 12th Modiin Run 2016 (Including Ratzim veNofshim Deal)
Modiin's traditional annual run.
The run this year includes 3 competitive heats: 10K and 5K and 1.8K, a competitive heat of 1.2K for school teams, and a fun run of 1.8K without time measurement and for runners with special needs.
- 07:00 - Gathering & registration
- 08:15 - Start of 10K
- 09:15 - Start of 5K
- 10:00 - Start of 1.2K for school teams
- 10:15 - Start of 1.8K competitive run
- 10:30 - start of fun run and special needs population
- 10:30 - Closing ceremony (approx time)
The run will start on Emek Dotan next to Holmes Place on the uneven side going east, and continue on Yair Parag, Begin (for 10K race) and Sderot HaMaccabim (5K race), and back on Emek Dotan on the even side to the finish point next the Holmes Place.
This year, on the occasion of the city's 20th anniversary, it was decided by the Sports Department that families that run a cumulative 20K can win one of two family weekends away. In addition, seven couples weekends away throughout the country will be raffled among all those running 5K and 10K. The raffle is for those aged 21 and over, signing up via the Sachlavim website by 12/11/16.
Registration has started and will close on 19/11 at 10:00. Each participant signing up for the competitive run will be given a registration pack including a Nike running shirt and a special chip for measuring times and distance during the competition.
The run this year will take place on Friday 25/11/16, with the participation of hundreds of school children from throughout the city, thousands of residents and past and present soldiers from the Duvdevan unit.
The various heats of the run will start on the corner of Emek Dotan and Emek Yizrael on the uneven side of Emek Dotan going east. The runners will continue in the direction of Maccabim and back on the even numbers side to the starting point. 10K runners will continue from Maccabim in the direction of Kikar HaMishtara and from there back to the starting point.
As in previous years, the city sports department will enable registration for groups to the various runs, such as employees of a local business, sports clubs members, etc.
Groups of at least 10 runners can have the name of their group printed on their shirts. Groups that would like to compete together, in the longer heats as well, can get in touch with the city sports department in order to organize it before the run.
Happening and prize ceremony
During the heats and after them there will be a happening in the Fish Park including inflatables and stalls with sports equipment. There will also be performances by dance and modern dance groups of local sports chugim and Amutat Sachlavim.
At the end of the race there will be a prize ceremony. The registration desk and the final ceremony will be in the Fish Park.
- Every participant signing up via the website for the 5K and 10K will get a high quality sweat-resistant shirt.
- Every participant in the 1.8K will get a sweat resistant shirt.
- Every registered participant will be given a participation medal.
- Refreshments for those attending the event and ice lollies at the finish.
- Early registration until 12/11 at 10:00 - for 5K and 10K: 65 ₪ for Modiin residents, for Duvdevan soldiers and those in groups of over 10 participants, 80 ₪ for non-residents. For 1.8K: 45 ₪
- Late registration until 19/11 at 10:00- 100 ₪.
Registration is no longer possible in any form!