ModiinApp was started as a small project by 4 friends (three of us live in Modiin - 2 olim and 1 sabra), and quickly grew into the best source for information on local businesses and deals in Modiin. Everything we do is local and authentic. We hope you like it. Get in touch!
Amuta run by volunteers, functioning as a community support resource aiming to help cancer patients and their families in Modiin Maccabim Reut in a variety of ways.
The support offered is both personal and for the family, based on vision of the family as a single unit.
- Physical treatments such as: reflexology, shiatsu, acupuncture, guided imagery, personal coaching and emotional support by skilled professionals.
- Home visits by volunteers on a weekly basis.
- Guidance by phone: a team of around 40 volunteers initiate telephone contact with the patient once a month and on an as-need basis, to check how they are, whether they need help, and to offer them specific Mandalat HaLev activities. This contact is intended to give the patient the feeling they are not alone and they have someone they can talk to.
- Support groups for children that have a family member with cancer (siblings, parents) grouped according to age (7-8, 9-11, 13-14), using art, movement, and gardening therapy (in collaboration with the Ecological Farm), animal therapy, psychodrama and phototherapy.
- Empowerment group for adults.
- Chugim for the patients and their families:
- Sports: yoga, feldenkrais, pilates, fitness training, qi gong, walking groups, petanque, Latin dance, Rio Abierto, belly dancing, zumba.
- Art: sculpting, painting, creative writing, poetry, creating with natural materials, photography and more.
- Lectures on a variety of subjects.
- Space for peace and quiet - Tibetan bowls, meditation, meditation with sounds, Reiki.
- Special chugim for children: robotics.
- Fun activity evenings for patients on a quarterly basis
- Sound and wavelength therapy workshops.
- Fun days for patients and their families (during summer).
- Transportation to hospital.
- Providing help at home, cleaning and cooking, shopping.
- Sending professionals for repairs in the patient's homes, such as plumbers, electricians and more.
- Legal counseling.
- Guidance and training course for therapeutic volunteers and telephone support providers.
- Support groups for volunteers to discuss dilemmas, encourage and support their activities.
- Lectures on various subjects related to the Amuta's activities.
- Meetings of the professional teams.
- Annual fun day for volunteers and their families.
Those dealing with the disease (patients and family members) at any stage, who are interested receiving support, are invited to contact the intake team:
Physical and emotional therapists, personal coaches and anyone interested in volunteering and contributing to their skills, is welcome to contact:
Michal Furman - 050-5724359
The organization is run on a voluntary basis. Donations are welcome.
- Account name: "Mandalat HaLev"
- First International Bank
- Account: 058262
- Branch: 128, Modiin
For more information and questions about donations, please contact: