ModiinApp was started as a small project by 4 friends (three of us live in Modiin - 2 olim and 1 sabra), and quickly grew into the best source for information on local businesses and deals in Modiin. Everything we do is local and authentic. We hope you like it. Get in touch!
15/10 - 22/10 : Sukkot 2019 at Iza Pziza Dairy - Meshek Tzaban
This Sukkot learn how to make cheese!
Come and visit a small, family-run goat dairy, just like in the old days, and see how easy it is to make cheese from milk!
Come and sit in the Sukkah, and discover the answers to some secrets: Why did Dror Tzaban decide to bring home 25 kid goats? How was it even discovered that it was possible to make cheese from milk, and why do they say that goat products are healthier? And is it true that brown goats give us chocolate milk...?
Curious? Come to the workshops!
Iza Pziza's 35 cute goats invite you to a unique experience for the whole family:
- Short video and learning about the Tzaban family story
- Demonstration of Circassian-style cheese making
- Distribution of milk to the families, one liter per cheese you want to make
- Tour of the goat barn, petting and feeding
- Peek into the dairy and a brief explanation of the production process
- Tasting of the dairy products and packaging of the cheeses you prepared in the workshop
The place is Kosher LeMehadrin, with a kosher Sukkah!
- Tue-Fri 15-18/10
- Sunday 20/10
- Tuesday 22/10
3 daily workshops at 10:00, 12:00 and 14:00, by prior registration.
Cost: 36 ₪ per participant (from age 3) + 40 ₪ per family for each cheese you decide to make (most families make one, but it is possible to make more).