ModiinApp was started as a small project by 4 friends (three of us live in Modiin - 2 olim and 1 sabra), and quickly grew into the best source for information on local businesses and deals in Modiin. Everything we do is local and authentic. We hope you like it. Get in touch!
Organization providing support in almost every possible field, and supplying essential services and help for thousands of needy and hard-working families, Holocaust survivors and isolated people living in the Shfela area and the communities near the city of Lod.
All the work is carried out thanks to the contributions of good people and companies in Israel and abroad.
The organization was founded by Rabbi Yaakov Gloiberman in 2000.
- Second hand furniture center - huge 600 sqm warehouse filled with furniture and appliances, where volunteers collect furniture, refrigerators, washing machines and shelves from donors from all over the country. The items are checked and repaired, and distributed to the needy, immigrants, and soldiers that are referred by social workers or their commanders.
- Food Center - Fresh food, dry food products, new clothing and footwear. A large team of volunteers turns the food center into a warm home.
- Kimcha DePascha - distribution of fruits and vegetables, chicken, wine, fish, drinks, matza, and dozens more products.
- Food Kitchen - feeding around 300 Holocaust survivors, elderly and needy people daily with hot and satisfying meals. In addition, volunteers bring hot meals to the homes of about 85 adults and patients daily.
- Backpack for every child - in this campaign around 20,000 backpacks and writing sets are distributed. Hundreds of volunteers sort and prepare the sets for donation to the needy, municipalities, local authorities and social workers from throughout the country.
- Packages for the Chagim - Every year, before the Chagim, dozens of trucks full of food, meat and canned goods unload their contents into the huge Yad B'Yad warehouses, and hundreds of volunteers come and help pack thousands of food packages for distribution to the needy.
- Warm winter - distributing thousands of duvets to the needy in full cooperation with the welfare authorities and social workers.
- A costume for every child - distributing costumes every Purim, and making sure that no child is not dressed up.
- Moadon Gil HaZahav - day activity center for the elderly and isolated, offering warmth and a family environment, social activity, and also food and snacks.
- Support for brides and grooms - the organization's complex houses a 'bridal salon' designed by a designer. The bride can choose a dress, and on the day of the wedding also has the option for makeup and hair styling. The organization also offers an 'electrical appliance set' for the home that is given to the couple.
The Yad B'Yad complex is located on a 10 dunam plot, divided into a number of buildings that serve the organizations for its activities.