ModiinApp was started as a small project by 4 friends (three of us live in Modiin - 2 olim and 1 sabra), and quickly grew into the best source for information on local businesses and deals in Modiin. Everything we do is local and authentic. We hope you like it. Get in touch!
Number of Residents in Modiin Maccabim Reut - The City in Numbers Yom Ha'Atzmaut 2023
On Israel's 75th Independence Day, there are 102,742 residents in Modiin Maccabim Reut (therefore now defined as a medium size city), compared to 100,008 residents (an increase of 2,734 people) on the previous Independence Day - according to the municipality's population registry (accurate as of April 2023).
The data shows that the number of men and women in the city is almost equal, with 51,814 women and 50,928 men.
The average age in Modiin is 33.9 and the life expectancy in the city stands at age 86.7 (the highest of all cities in Israel).
The breakdown of the population between ages once again shows how young Modiin Maccabim Reut is:
- Ages 0-21 - 39,682 (an increase of 201, and a total of 38.5%)
- Ages 22-40 - 21,271 (a decrease of 1,121, and a total of 21%)
- Ages 40-60: 27,852 (an increase of 454, and a total of 27%)
- Ages 60+: 13,937 (an increase of 961, and a total of 13.5%)
567 of the city's residents where born in the year Israel was created, and will be celebrating their 75th birthday this year.
There are 16 residents who are over 100 years old. The oldest one is 106.
At the other end of the age scale, 233 babies were born in the city since January 2023, and 1,051 babies were born in the city between January 2022 and April 2023.
The neighborhoods who had the most babies in this period:
- Kramim - 195
- Avnei Chen - 141
- Nofim - 133
- Masua - 115
- Nevi'im - 113
The data also reveals interesting age segmentation by neighborhoods. The youngest neighborhoods are:
- Moreshet - average age: 23.9 | percentage of residents under 19: 50%
- Nofim - average age: 26.4 | under 19: 47%
- Tziporim - 27.8 | 45%
- Moriah - 30.7 | 43%
By contrast, the city's oldest citizens live naturally in the older neighborhoods, whereas in Reut the average age is 41.6 and only 21% of the residents are under 19, and in Maccabim, the average age is 43 and 19% are under 19.
- Kramim - 12,076 (an increase of 11 since last year)
- Avnei Chen - 11,106 (an decrease of 81)
- HaMeginim - 9,679 (new in 3rd place)
- Masu'ah - 9,517 (an increase of 11)
In comparison, in HaTziporim, which was founded in 2017, there are 3,293 residents (an increase of 157 since last year); in Nofim, which was founded three years ago, there are now 5,107 residents (an increase of 1,050 since last year); and in Moreshet, the newest neighborhood, there are already 1,421 residents that moved in to the neighborhood in just over a year.
In the segmentation of countries of origin from which the city's residents immigrated to Israel, the leading countries are:
- Former USSR and Russia - 2,811 (45 more than last year)
- USA - 2,139 (83 more)
- United Kingdom - 604
- France - 511
- Ukraine - 391
Looking at the data by the cities of origin from which the residents came, the leading cities are:
- Jerusalem - 7,619 (71 more than last year)
- Tel-Aviv Jaffa - 2,825 (74 more)
- Rishon LeTzion - 1,555 (25 more)
- Ramat Gan - 1,378 (listed for the first time)
- Petach-Tikva - 1,206 (1 more)