ModiinApp was started as a small project by 4 friends (three of us live in Modiin - 2 olim and 1 sabra), and quickly grew into the best source for information on local businesses and deals in Modiin. Everything we do is local and authentic. We hope you like it. Get in touch!
Chanukah 2021 in the Hasmonean Heritage Museum of Modiin
Special activities and events for Chanukah and in honor of the official opening of the new museum in the center of Modiin.
- Guided tour
- Entrance to interactive room with four experiential activities
- Entrance to ride with screening of 3D movie
- Activity of your choice with purchase of ticket - free workshop / activity / show. Pre-registration required.
Program of workshops and shows to choose from:
- Tuesday 30/11 - Pottery and mosaic workshops. Making candles from pottery or making a mosaic in a Menorah pattern (11:00-15:00).
- Thursday 2/12 - "Living those days" activity. Participants will dress in Hasmonean costumes, be photographed against a biblical background and receive magnets as a souvenir (11:00-17:00).
- Friday 3/12 - Mosaic workshop. Participants will prepare a model of the Menorah symbol that appears in many mosaics in the Land of Israel. (11:00-15:00).
- Sunday 5/12 - Show: "Acharon HaMaccabim" with the Asphalt Theater. Three Jewish fighters from the Hasmonean period, with acrobatics, music and swords. (13:00-16:15).
- Monday 6/12 - Coin Workshop. Participants will make a coin based on models from the variety of Hasmonean coins. (12:00-16:00).
- Monday 6/12 for adults - lecture: "Shod vaShever". The fight against the theft of antiquities. Fascinating stories and affairs from the world of an archaeologist in the Antiquities Authority's Robbery Prevention Unit. Lecturer: Uzi Rothstein. (In the Einan Hall at 19:00).
During the Chanukah holiday, there will be an "escape challenge" (included in the entrance fee)* - an exciting activity for the whole family, combining puzzles, tasks and riddles that are hidden between the exhibits and activities in the museum.
- Get to know the story of the Hasmoneans
- Learn about the work of the archaeologists who uncovered the amazing finds
- Experience challenging puzzles
- Connect, learn about and feel proud of the modern city of Modiin, all while enjoying a fun game for the whole family.
* The game is played independently in the museum space in small groups, and reading and writing is required. (The activity takes place during the museum's opening hours and the family booklet is included in the entrance fee).
The museum brings the story of the city of Modi'in, from the days of the Hasmonean family, through the various periods to the days of the establishment of the modern city through a multi-sensory and interactive experience.
The Hasmonean Heritage Museum is located in the center of Modiin, with the aim of connecting the modern, contemporary city with the ancient city and the commercial life with rich cultural life.
The rich sources and historical sites of the area inspired the establishment of the museum. In the city and its surroundings, many archeological finds have been found that testify to its rich and glorious historical past, from which one can learn about the existence of branches of Jewish cultural life, in an area that has been very active for thousands of years.
All information is conveyed and presented to visitors in an innovative, technological and interactive way.
- Family ticket for up to 4 people with presentation of Te'udat Zehut - 99 ₪
- Adult resident - 40 ₪
- Child 5-13 - 25 ₪
- Students (with presentation of student card up to age 28) - 20 ₪
- Soldiers / Sherut Leumi (with card) - 15 ₪
- Full price for non-residents - 60 ₪ ֫