ModiinApp was started as a small project by 4 friends (three of us live in Modiin - 2 olim and 1 sabra), and quickly grew into the best source for information on local businesses and deals in Modiin. Everything we do is local and authentic. We hope you like it. Get in touch!
01/05-02/05 : Lag Ba'Omer 2018 - Designated Bonfire Lighting Areas in Modiin
Due to the weather conditions - please note the following links regarding bonfires in Modiin:
- The Modiin Municipality published a statement requesting not to have bonfires in the city - click here for the link!
- For the official document that they published this morning click here (please note Modiin comes under Clause Bet, based on its' location south of 443)!
In the framework of the Iriyah's preparation for Lag BeOmer the areas in which bonfires may be lit has been determined.
Lighting bonfires will only be permitted in open areas at a distance from city neighborhoods.
Bonfires may be lit on the following days only:
- Tuesday 1/5/18 - for Ganei Yeladim
- Wednesday 2/5/18 - for all residents
Designated Lag Ba'Omer bonfire lighting areas:
- Open area along Emek HaEla, west of Churshat HaNoflim up to Yehuda HaMaccabi
- End of Emek HaEla from the corner of Yehuda HaMaccabi west up to the Nyar Chadera compound and the city football fields (recommended for Ganei Yeladim on Tuesday).
- Open area next to the entrance to the access road to the ecological farm - corner of Emek HaEla and Emek Zevulun / HaSdera HaMerkazit
- Open area on Rechov HaMaayan opposite the Shufersal logistical center in the the Technology Park (according to signage)
- Open area along route 4 from the southern traffic circle to the ecological farm up to the traffic circle adjacent to the bridge to Pa'atei Modiin
- Open area south of Yehuda HaMaccabi and 431 junction - along entrance road to Nofim neighborhood and up to the traffic circle adjacent to the bridge under road 431.
- Open area along Sderot Ben Gurion (internal route 4) from the direction of Ligad, west of the traffic circle adjacent to the bridge.
- Old helicopter landing area next to Givat HaBroshim.
- Open area next to tennis court opposite Ma'alot / Mitztaynim (under HaEla street) in Reut.
- Open area close to 'Maccabi Tza'ir' on Nof Kedumim in Maccabim.
No bonfires will be allowed in non-approved areas. Bonfires lit in areas that have not been approved will be put out and the persons responsible will be fined.
During the days of the bonfires there will be increased surveillance by the municipal and security departments.
City inspectors / guards / attendants will be stationed at all the non-permitted sites in order to prevent the lighting of bonfires.
It will not be permitted to light additional bonfires that can endanger participants in areas with a large amount of people and bonfires.
It is recommended to organize one large bonfire per school and not per class, grade or gan.
It will not be permitted to save spots.