ModiinApp was started as a small project by 4 friends (three of us live in Modiin - 2 olim and 1 sabra), and quickly grew into the best source for information on local businesses and deals in Modiin. Everything we do is local and authentic. We hope you like it. Get in touch!
> NEW! Jazz with Mali Adelman, graduate of the Jerusalem Academy of music and Dance - Wednesdays at Maccabim Sports.
Try out classes, Wed 6/9:
- Hip Hop ages 7-9, 15:30-16:15
- Ballet ages 8-10, 16:15-17:00
- Jazz ages 9-13, 17:00-18:00
- Ballet ages 11-13, 18:00-19:00.
Classical ballet classes for ages 4+, taught according to the Royal Academy of Dance (RAD) method by Sharon Tolkin, certified teacher with over 20 years of experience teaching young children.
Where movement meets magic!
Native English speaker.
- Classes starting from pre-ballet (ages 3-4) and up to grade 6 level (ages 11+).
- Structured syllabus with age and level appropriate program.
- Teaching classical ballet technique, divided into three units:
- Classical - primary fundamentals of classical dance.
- Free movement - emphasizes movement while releasing and using the weight of the limbs and gravity, flow of movement and controlled stopping. Improving the ability to move freely with control and expression.
- Character Dance - dance styles based on folk dance traditions. Development of upper body postures, clear use of head movements, timing and rhythmic accuracy.
- Offering class awards in the studio with external examiner, and RAD badges and certificates. This supports a rewarding progress and ensures constant efforts for improvement.
- The studio offers a quiet space for students interested to learning the tradition of ballet and freedom of expression through the body.
- Encouraging self-confidence, joy, inner peace, imagination and making friends.
- Classes are held in a spacious and airy studio at the Maccabim Sport Center.
Introducing teacher Mali Adelman, professional dancer and graduate of the Jerusalem Academy’s music and dance course, with extensive teaching experience. Mali will be teaching:
- for ages 7-9
- Lyrical jazz dance for ages 9-11
- Lyrical jazz dance and advanced ballet on pointe for ages 11-13
Run by Sharon Tolkin, a registered teacher of the Royal Academy Of Dance (RAD) and the AIDT Modern Dance Association.
RAD teachers are obligated to participate in a certain number of hours of Constant Professional Development in Dance every year.
[Flying Pas de Chat photo courtesy of Savannah Ireland].